Friday, November 20, 2009

Dancing Stars

Tuesday morning I found myself sitting on my back porch at 4:30 am with my 8 year old son watching a meteor shower. What a beautiful sight it was! We gasped as a comet whizzed across the sky.

As we sat there contemplating the greatness of God, I was captured by a cluster of comets that were moving across the sky. There was such beauty and grace in their movement, as though they were being directed by a choreographer, and then it dawned on me; they were. God himself was directing their every move, and as they allowed him to lead they were a mesmerizing delight to behold.

Suddenly a humbling thought occurred, do I allow God to direct my steps, or do I step on his feet and fumble around trying to make things work on my own? Do I leave beauty and the aroma of Christ behind or is it some awkward ugliness with a less than pleasing scent? If I am operating in my own strength then I know that the latter is true. When I see the fruit of allowing God to be in control, why do I choose my own chaotic rhythm instead of his perfect dance. I pray that each day I will trust the choreographer more.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Marguerite. Great question, one I need to ponder regularly. I love that you are blogging, you have a gift.

    ReplyDelete