Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving

Our house is beginning to feel the buzz of the holidays. In just 5 days we will celebrate another Thanksgiving. Yet another year is almost done, and I am not sure where it went. Christmas is around the corner and the stress is already beginning to build. Is that really what this time of year should be like?

When the pilgrims celebrated their first Thanksgiving they had a clear purpose; to celebrate and thank God for what He had provided them (thanks), and to share it with the others around them (giving). Is that how I approach Thanksgiving, or do I find myself caught up in the planning, cleaning and consumerism of it all? Will I invite others to join with me or will I think only of myself and my needs? I pray that God will give me the strength and grace to step outside of myself and to truly be thankful and give back.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister. Let's choose thankfulness together. ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete